Why Is Auto Maintenance Important?
A well maintained automobile not only helps to prolong the usage of the vehicle, but can also help to prevent a potential accident. Thus, keeping you from having to file claims on your insurance policy. And remember, the better your driving record, the less you can expect to pay for your car insurance, thanks to lower rates and potential safe-driving discounts. Listed below are 5 easy ways to keep your car in safe running condition.
1. Check Your Tire Pressure Monthly - According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over 78,000 crashes a year are caused, in part, by damaged and worn tires. Also remember to rotate your tires and check the alignment as recommended by the manufacturer.
2. Test your lights periodically. Turn on your headlights, tail lights, brake lights and signals to make sure they are working properly. Besides being a safety hazard, an inexpensive broken bulb could cause you to get a ticket.
3. Replace your windshield wiper blades as soon as they show signs of wear. Don’t be caught in a heavy downpour and not be able to see the road ahead of you. Wiper blades are inexpensive, and quick and easy to replace.
4. Change the oil and check the fluids on a regular basis. It is recommended that you check your oil once a month and change it as directed in your owner’s manual. At the same time, check your transmission, wiper and brake fluids.
5. Check your air filter. Pull it out and hold it up to a bright light. If you can’t see light through it, it is time to replace it. A clean air filter will improve your car’s performance and save you money in the long run.
Proper car maintenance will help you spend more time on the road and less time in a repair shop, and it could also save you a bunch of money on your auto insurance! If you need a quote on your auto insurance, remember to give us a call at Idol Insurance Madison, North Carolina.
Phone: 336 548 6818